In an era where mobile gaming is rapidly evolving, Ubisoft, known for its prowess in developing immersive games, is once again capturing our attention. With recent triumphs like Rainbow Six Siege Mobile and Assassin’s Creed Codename Jade, Ubisoft has unveiled a new game for mobile for both Android and iOS: The Division Resurgence.
Breaking new ground, Ubisoft revealed their groundbreaking plans for The Division series during the highly anticipated Ubisoft Forward event. For the first time, the iconic franchise will expand its reach to the mobile platform, marking a significant milestone in its history. So, if you are an avid mobile gamer eagerly waiting for this game and want to learn more, then keep reading. Here’s everything we know about The Division Resurgence mobile game.
What is The Division Resurgence?
The Division Resurgence is an upcoming mobile game set in a mid-crisis city, where military operations are taking place. The city has been hit by a virus outbreak, leading to the formation of various groups with different goals. Some aim to clear the infected, while others seek to overthrow those in power. As a result, faction warfare becomes inevitable in the post-crisis environment. Without any governing authority, multiple factions emerge, each with its own vision for rebuilding the city. In this chaotic situation, people resort to unethical means to survive.
The role of the government is crucial during these challenging times, and The Division game series explores this concept. The mobile version of this game expands on the storyline introduced in the PC version. It delves into the government’s efforts to maintain law and order by reactivating the Strategic Homeland Division (SHD) and collaborating with the Joint Task Force (JTF) unit. These organizations work together to ensure the safety of the citizens. The need for enforcing laws arose from the constant attempts of rival factions, such as the Freemen, to seize control of the city.
While the PC versions of Tom Clancy’s The Division 1 and 2 focused on Manhattan City and the actions of second-wave agents, the mobile game shifts its focus to New York City during the midst of the crisis. The Division Resurgence will showcase the deployment of first-wave agents, connecting the storylines of both PC titles.
As mentioned above, in this game you’ll step into the immersive world of future New York City. It’s an open-world game where you can freely explore the city after a major crisis. As an agent, your job is to protect the remaining humans and maintain law and order by taking down dangerous factions.
The core gameplay revolves around intense gunfights. You’ll have access to a variety of classified guns that you can customize to your liking. During missions, you’ll experience the action from a third-person perspective. You’ll engage in thrilling gunfights, carry out breaching operations, handle hostage situations, and confront groups like the Freemen, who pose a threat to our goals. You can watch the gameplay of The Division Resurgence here.
The official trailer displayed a perfect design of a world after a crisis. It kept the excitement high throughout. The level of detail in the trailer was unmatched. It showed complete chaos and destruction caused by people when there was no order. The scene of civilians breaking into a mall revealed the urgent need for government intervention. It seems that the government forces required extra help to restore order, which came from the Strategic Homeland Division. The trailer serves as a good introduction for new players to the series. If you haven’t seen the trailer yet, take a moment to watch it above and get a glimpse of what awaits you in the game.
Leaks So Far
- The Division Resurgence will be a free game for Android and iOS devices, which is great news for gamers. In this multiplayer game, teamwork will be crucial, and the developers have even added different classes for the agents to enhance the team experience. They are as follows:
- Field Medic: This class uses chemicals to create deadly weapons, specializing in chemical warfare.
- Vanguard: The frontline fighters of The Division, carry shields for cover against enemy fire.
- Bulwark: This class protects the team and excels in breaching operations, ensuring high survivability.
- Demolitionist: Specialized in dealing with area-of-effect damage, this class relies on explosives like mines, grenades, and Claymores.
- The gameplay of The Division Resurgence will be more or less similar to the PC version, emphasizing tactical cover-based combat. It’s a looter shooter game, meaning we can collect weapons from defeated enemies. Additionally, we can craft guns, customize our appearance, and acquire gear.
- The executive producer mentioned that the game will have a story mode and various activities, including weekly and special events. They also confirmed the inclusion of “The Dark Zone,” a PvPvE zone, and “Conflict Mode,” an online team-based match, both available on PC.
- Furthermore, the Dark Zone is a quarantined area in contaminated New York City where players can find rare loot. To bring this valuable loot back to the open world, players must engage in intense and action-packed gameplay sessions within a 20-minute time limit.
- Also, if you prefer console gaming, don’t worry! The developers have included console support for Division Resurgence. It’ll allow you to enjoy the game using any Bluetooth-connected controller.
Release Date, Early Access, and Requirements
The exact release date for the game has not been announced yet, but it is expected to be released in 2024. It was announced in 2022, so it’ll surely take some time to hit the mobile gaming market.
The regional beta test early access for The Division Resurgence started on June 13, 2023, and it will have two phases. Player account data will be reset after each phase.
- Phase 1: June 13–July 25, 2023
- Phase 2: August 8–September 19, 2023
That said, you can find the list of regions participating in the beta test on the official website of the game. Furthermore, to run the game, the minimum requirement is that your Android device have at least Android 10, 2GB RAM, and 8GB of available storage. You can check the official website for iOS requirements as well as the list of all compatible devices.
So, what do you think about The Division Resurgence? Let us know in the comment section below!